On September 11, 1777, approximately thirty thousand British and American soldiers fought in the Chadds Ford area in what is known as the Battle of the Brandywine. On that warm day, musket and cannon fire echoed over the rolling hills of the Brandywine valley and changed the landscape and views of its inhabitants for years after. This historically rich environment located in Delaware County, Pennsylvania represents many aspects of American life, especially in the 18th century. It enlightens visitors of the importance of this area in the early days of our nation’s birth and instills the ideas that we strive to preserve in todays world. Today, the Brandywine Battlefield historic site sits on 52 acres of the location that was the Continental encampment and offers many different programs and tours to the public in order to bolster the appreciation for historical thinking and preservation. We invite all to come to the park to learn with us about the largest land battle of the American Revolution that often goes overlooked in the history books. We offer daily tours of Washington’s Headquarters, a twenty minute film on the battle, and a trip through our museum. Battlefield tours and special programs are also available. Please follow the links on this site for further information. The Friends of Brandywine Battlefield thank everyone for their continuing support and look forward to seeing you soon!