Educational Programs at Brandywine Battlefield Historic Site
Education programming for preschool-2nd grade, 3rd-5th grade, junior high, & high school. Programs are usually 2-3 hours.
- Why is it important to preserve old structures and historic landscapes?
- What do we know about the soldier in the American Revolution and his contribution to our freedom?
- What are George Washington and Lafayette honored as heroes?
These questions and others will be answered during our interesting and enjoyable programs designed to enable students to develop new abilities and historic perspectives. Guides in period clothing lead students through a series of discovery-oriented activities in the Education Room and Washington’s Headquarters.
A cooperative effort brings the best results:
- School tours are available Wednesday through Sunday
- One adult chaperone is required for every 10 students
- Required chaperones and teachers are not charged. Extra chaperones pay student rate.
- All school reservations are confirmed via telephone or email.
- Rain dates are not available
- To insure a satisfactory experience, it is important to arrive on time
- Bus or van drivers are expected to transport students from the Visitors Center to the historic houses on site. Drives are welcome to join tour groups at no extra charge.
- No headsets or personal stereos allowed in the buildings
- No cell phones or personal electronic devices allowed during school visits
- No eating, drinking, smoking, or chewing gum is permitted in the Visitors Center or historic houses on site
- Eating facilities include outside picnic tables only.
- Museum gift shop with educational toys and books is available to students if time permits.
- Bringing siblings is not encouraged. If they attend, the usual student rate will be charged.Programs:
- Programs include: a video on the battle, a hands-on lesson in the Education room, and a house tour.
- Time required for visit: 2-3 hours
- Fee: $6.50 per student (includes 2 programs, $1 each for additional program)
- Special tours lasting more than 3 hours with additional programs will increase fee per student
- Step-On guide full Battlefield tour rate: $100 for the first hour, $50 dollars for every additional hour. (Must have an hour available for the full tour and visitors are expected to supply their own method of transportation)
- Upon arrival, group leaders please report to the Reception desk at the Visitors Center for payment of fees and distribution of tour schedules. We will help you keep our picnic areas free of litter by making available at the desk. Be sure to ask for one!
- To create a personalized visit, just pick one or more of the following programs and explore this website with your students. Everything you need for a fun and education visit to Brandywine Battlefield Park is right at your fingertips!
To view the education programs we offer follow the link below:
For reservations and bookings contact:
610.459.3342 or firstname.lastname@example.org
**All Programs/Colonial Days must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance before the intended visit date!**
Outreach programs are available! Contact us to find out how we can visit you!
**Ask about our new Chester County Animated Map Program! This program is designed to take the place of our magnetic map and will illustrate troop movements and the different aspects of the battle while a trained guide narrates.**